Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Week 12 - Pamela Beaded Lace Earrings

I only had 10 of the golden teardrop beads left, and wanted to make some dangle-y earrings to match a pendant I made in class the other day. I had just run across the instructions for Beaded Lace Earrings that I took from Pam Rodriguez at the Shepherdess in 1987. I used my version of that technique to make these, and thought I'd name them after her.

The Pamela earrings are made from CZ 11º brown iris seed beads, CZ 12º silver lined topaz rocailles (They have the tiniest square holes, so I was constantly taking the needle off the thread to poke it through them for the 2nd pass up the fringe! But the square holes reflect the light and make a beautiful sparkle.),  Japanese twisted bugles with a bronze luster on the ends, Bronze metallic 8º seed beads, Olivine Aurum Swarovski crystals, Czech firepolish round and drop beads, and brass metal teardrop dangles. I used c-lon thread, so I'm wondering how long it will take for the metal dangles to cut through. I really like them, so I hope they last a while!

No comments: