Friday, April 02, 2010

52 Weeks of Earrings, #8

I wanted to make some earrings with paper, so I printed out a sheet of cardstock with a photo of some Paste Paper (made by Tina McChrie from when I used to work at Oskadusa). I cut out fan shapes, and punched a tiny hole in the top. Then I used one of those glazes to give it a shiny topcoat. I think I need more practice with that, because I made a big mess! I think I used too much, because it made the paper curl. I made 3 sets, and these turned out the best, but the glaze is not even close to smooth.

So, anyway, I colored the back and sides with a gold paint pen. Then I assembled the earrings with copper and brass wire, brass coil dangly things, Swarovski crystals, bronze, sterling, and gold filled beads, and gold filled earwires.

They're very light, and I like the basic design, but I'll try the paper/glaze thing again.

I'm naming them Ming-Ling, it means "shining bell" in Chinese.

No comments: